Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Ninja Engagement


Well, I've always loved the idea of blogging. Wanted to blog. Started a blog. And never blogged again. After realizing how much Facebook had sucked my soul in, I deleted that sucker and am now going to blog on the regular. For real this time. So here is a big event missing on my blog. I got engaged! And married! Of course those 2 events were 4 1/2 months apart, but let's start with the engagement. It involves Ninjas. See below.

 It's New Years Eve around 4:30pm. Matt and I just got out of The Chronicles of Narnia. Our plans for the night include dinner with another couple and then a couple of new year's gatherings. So we get to the car parked in underground parking. It's looking pretty empty. Erie. Matt opens my door, and there is a black rose in my seat. Long story short-it's an homage to ancient Japan that modern gangs use. It's bad news. He flips out- I don't know what to make of it. He closes to the door and we see a scary dude dressed for a mugging, standing in the middle of the parking garage just staring at us. So we start swiftly walking to the other side and Matt gets attacked from the front. Before he gets hit, he sends me up the stairs and tells me to wait where he can see me. 


 I wait there and see him fighting this guy.
So I look up to see if anyone was coming for me and I see a couple video phoning the fight. So I look back down and the bad guy was on the ground and Matt was fighting someone else. I didn't know if he killed the guy or not. I didn't know if it was real or not but I needed to make a decision or I was going to get killed. So I decide that it is real and I am getting my knife. I look back up to ask the couple if they see anyone else...this time there were tons of people taking video and photos. And I recognized some of them. So I turn around to find my hero beating up one last bad guy and getting down on one knee.
  So did Matt have the ring in his pocket while fighting off bad guys? No. He had the ring box strapped TO one of the bad guys. He got the ring by punching the guy, kicking him and tearing off the box as the he plummets to the ground. No problem.
 I had to hold onto the railing to regain my composure. Not only was I not getting mugged, but I WAS getting proposed to. Perhaps both equally surreal.








And I said Of course! Who could say know to a man who would go to those lengths just to propose? How I do love that man!
Now here is the video directed and shot by actual industry professionals. Oh and those bad guys were legit stuntmen. Dante Ha. Brent Bernhard and Max Calder. Awesome work guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment